Dr. Mrs. Usha Ram
Principal, Laxman Public School, New Delhi
As the Principal, Laxman Public School, Hauz Khas Enclave, Dr. Usha Ram has a holistic approach to education, which develops complete personalities of the students. She herself is a multi-faceted personality. Not only is she an active administrator but also with her dynamic leadership traits she has led the school to achieve new heights in academics, co-curricular activities, sports, social equity programmes etc. She has taken education into the society through programmes in social service and welfare project, which she continually conducts. A pioneer in the field of special education she is constantly endeavouring to integrate children with special needs, learning disabilities and under-privileged sections into the mainstream. She has setup special centres for children with physical and mental disabilities.
IMPORTANT DECORATIONS & ASSOCIATIONS
Elected Member –Governing Body, CBSE (Under the Union Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India)
- Rajya Shikshak Award by Government of Delhi 1996
- National Teachers' Award from the President of India Shri A P J Abdul Kalam – 2001
- Appointed Member of the Central Advisory Board on Child Labour, vide Gazette of India, Extraordinary notification No S – 27019/1/93-CL dated 23rd June 2005.
- Mahila Shiromani Award, for her excellent work in the field of education an social service.
- U.N. Award for extraordinary contribution to cause of Literature.
- Teachers Excellence Award by Indian Institute of Economic Studies for excellent work in education and management.
- First Asian Woman to receive 2nd Dan Black Belt (Hon.) from International Taekwon Do Federation.
- Honorary President of the Taekwon Do Federation of Delhi.
- UNICEF award for excellent community outreach programme.
INTERNATIONAL EXPOSURE for Dr. Usha Ram
- Successfully completed a certificate course at Harvard Graduate School of Education on “Critical Issues in Urban Social Children: Improving Outcomes for Young Children with significant Mental Health Needs” (July 13-17, 2009)
- At Harvard School of Education she attended a leadership programme on “Improving Schools and Art of Leadership”.
- She was sponsored by British Council for a programme at Bath, UK on “Leadership in School Education: Developing School Leaders in the National Context”.
- Has been involved in projects with the British Council under UK –India Educational Programmes
- Has pioneered the school to be a part of the CIE (Cambridge International Education) for ‘O’ and ‘A’ levels with Cambridge University.
- Has got membership of ISSE (International School to School Exchange) programme for her school and has led teams to Mexico, Australia.
PUBLICATIONS of Dr. Usha Ram
Dr Usha Ram is also an author with many publications to her credit; most of her books are being used in schools today.
Some of her well known publications in the field of Special Education are:
- Children With Special Needs – All That You Wanted to Know (Released by Hon’ble Dr A P J Abdul Kalam, President of India) (2004)
- A practical guidance in educating and caring for special children, this book intendes to focus on identification of children with special needs, associates and organisations and parents can cater to the specific needs of every child. It also focuses on training and teaching techniques and methodologies to children with special needs, programme planning and curriculum outline.
- Inclusion of Children with Learning Disability Published by Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Ministry of Human Resources Development, Govt of India (2005)